Cut Limbo the novel has a punk soundtrack? Really? A crime thriller novel with a soundtrack?
Sure, Cut Limbo has a soundtrack of 19 classic punk songs and here’s why:
1. I initially wrote Cut Limbo as a screenplay and the movie had a punk soundtrack.
2. Not enough movie soundtracks include classic punk songs.
3. The main characters, Panky and Chris, were punks in their youth.
4. I was a punk in my youth, I was the singer/front man in cult punk band and I loved the music and everything that punk stood for.
5. The punk songs I chose worked absolutely perfectly with the Cut Limbo storyline.
As Panky makes a dramatic escape from Amsterdam he hears “Holidays in the Sun” by the Sex Pistols. The song is more than appropriate, he doesn’t want a holiday in the sun either, but he needs to get away and fast…
When Panky arrives in Manila and enters his first ever Filipino ‘girlie bar’ here hears “Hot in the City” by Billy Idol. Another flashback to his punk past and once again, very appropriate as the night gets hotter and hotter…
Luckily, despite the problems Panky encountered in Manila’s ‘girlie bars’, his old friend Chris eventually sends his driver/bodyguard to collect him. During the journey, Panky hears “The Passenger” another complete classic, this time by that old punk Iggy Pop.
Later, Panky gets introduced to the Filipino police, it’s a scary situation, funny for the police, but very scary for Panky. It seems that the culture in Amsterdam is very, very different to that of the Philippines…
Panky tries to relax on the best beach he’s ever seen, he tries to forget all his recent problems, but it’s not easy, even just looking at the beautiful young girls on the beach has terrifying implications!
If you like these songs and appreciate fast moving crime thrillers with very, very dark humour, you’ll love Cut Limbo…
If you like this post let me know, look out for Cut Limbo the soundtrack Parts 2, 3 and 4.
Oh and Happy Christmas everyone! Ho ho ho!